Blizzard is looking for dedicated ski & snowboard instructors to join our team! We are thrilled at the response to our programs and we need more staff! Help us deliver the quality instruction Blizzard families have come to expect for over 50 years. We are recruiting Saturday and Sunday contract positions for all programs teaching children in grades K-12.
Some of our great benefits include:
- Team teaching opportunities for new instructors; if you have the passion, we’ll train you!
- FREE dryland (indoor) clinics on Monday nights beginning in late October
- FREE on-snow clinics on Monday nights once there’s snow (lift tickets not included)
- Bonuses for trip attendance, training, professional development and certification
- Aggressive pay increases based on certification and trip attendance
- Discounts on Blizzard registration and weekly trip fees for your own child(ren)
See below for a complete job description. More information is available here. To apply, simply create a new instructor account online! You will be contacted by our New Instructor Coordinator to learn more about your teaching experience, your personal skiing or snowboarding skills, and why you want to teach with Blizzard.
We’d love to see you on the slopes as a Blizzard Instructor, so REGISTER NOW!
Job Description: Contract Ski Instructor/Snowboard Instructor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach skiing and/or snowboarding to groups and individuals in K-12th grades in a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity
- Follow the Responsibility Code and ensure guest safety on varied terrain in winter weather
- Teach students to load and unload lifts and physically assist children with the process
- Supervise children at all times in class and assist during lunch and snack times
- Attend mandatory staff training (October kick-off clinic) and abide by the Staff Handbook
- Own and maintain contemporary equipment
- Maintain attendance (at least 75% of Saturday or Sunday trips, whichever you choose), punctuality, and exercise good judgment
- Promote teamwork and a positive attitude with respect for all members and staff
- Wear uniform (first-year instructors are exempt)
- Continually learn and update teaching, technical, and skiing/snowboarding skills based on PSIA/AASI standards, generally by attending Blizzard clinics
- Perform all other duties assigned or identified as a need
- Intermediate or above skiing and/or snowboarding (comfortable on blue slopes)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Basic proficiency with email and internet websites
- 18 years of age or older and out of high school
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- PSIA/AASI/USSA certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Skiing and/or snowboarding up to 4.5 hours per day in inclement winter weather
- Independent mobility throughout the Metro Area to reach Blizzard bus stops
- Riding school buses to and from snowsports areas
- Frequent verbal and written communication
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Direct contact with Blizzard members, parents and staff and host area employees and guests
- Ski and snowboard areas, travel within the Metro Area
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.