Invite your friends and family who ski or snowboard to join in a Blizzard trip as a Guest!
- Welcome on any trip during the regular Blizzard season
- Must be in 6th-12th grades (we are unable to accommodate guests in our K-5 structured programs) unless supervised during the event by a parent/guardian (contact the office)
- Must be able to ski or snowboard safely prior to their Blizzard trip
- Must have their own equipment — rentals are not available; our staff is not legally able to sign the required rental agreement for your child
- Must be invited by a Blizzard member
- Must make a reservation to attend
- Parents, you’re welcome to join us anytime — just contact the office and let us know!
How do I invite a Guest?
All guests must be invited by a Blizzard member. Members have two options for inviting your Guest:
1. Send an electronic invitation (evite). After you RSVP yourself for the trip, just click the button (if available) to send your Guest an email invitation. Your Guest can electronically submit their name and contact info, select bus stops, provide payment information and sign the online waiver.
2. Call or email the office. Tell us your name and your guest’s name, grade and bus stop. Then, your Guest MUST bring a signed Blizzard Guest Permission Slip with emergency information, signed waiver and exact payment (cash or check) to the trip.
What does the Guest fee include?
- Access to the one Blizzard trip you are invited to attend
- Discounted lift ticket for the trip
- Round-trip bus transportation for the trip
- Up to 4.5 hours of instruction at your ability level! To take a lesson, go to the Lesson Cones and identify yourself as a Guest. We’ll evaluate your skills and recommend a Color Level lesson matching your ability.
- Time to freeski/freeride with friends
What is the cost?
Guests pay the same weekly trip fee as members, plus a $10 administrative fee for that one weekly trip. Prices may vary depending on snowsports destination and other special events. Exact pricing will be shown when making your reservation for your specific event. When you invite your Guest, you may choose to pay the cost or have your Guest pay.
If your Guest makes a reservation and then misses the trip without canceling their reservation by the reservation deadline (usually Thursdays at 8:00pm), your Guest will be charged a No-Show Fee for the seat on the bus we were not able to assign to another member. If your Guest does not pay the Trip or No-Show Fee, the inviting member (you) will be charged.