Blizzard takes COVID-19 seriously. Blizzard has policies in place to make our events as safe as possible — while still enjoying our great Midwest winters!
Use the menu above to see details about the Season Schedule: Lake+Metro Clubs, implementing StaySafeMN guidelines, our plans for Transportation & Buses and going Direct To Snow, changes to Programs & Lessons, and the Chalet Experience this season.
We worked with the Minnesota Ski Areas Association and our transportation company to create a safe winter recreation plan based on guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Ski Areas Association. We specifically follow the COVID-19 Sports Practice Guidance for Youth and Adults from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
Here is a link to Blizzard’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan (revised 1/1/21).
Our refund policy remains unchanged: We will apply 100% of program fees to your 2021-22 registration or issue a 75% refund before the first trip. There will be no refunds after the first trip. We also understand that many families are experiencing very challenging circumstances right now. Please reach out to the office to discuss special situations.
We understand every family has different concerns about COVID-19. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, please email the office.
- #BacktoBlizzard Q&A sessions – Zoom Recording
- Nov 14 & 15: #BacktoBlizzard Parade, a fun drive-through event at the shops!
- Nov 17 & 19: #BacktoBlizzard Program Info Night for registered families – Zoom Recording #1 | Zoom Recording #2
- Jan 6: Mite, SuperMite & SuperKyd groups posted online.
- Jan 6: Metro Club Parent Q&A Session – Zoom recording
- Jan 9 & 10: First Saturday & Sunday trips for the Metro Club!
- Jan 13: Lake Club Parent Q&A Session – Zoom recording
- Jan 16 & 17: First Saturday & Sunday trips for the Lake Club!
These sites have great information about COVID-19 in relation to Blizzard. If you have other resources to recommend, please let us know and we’ll add them here!
- Blizzard website – Lake+Metro | StaySafe | Buses | Direct To Snow | Programs | Chalet
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus COVID-19
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) – Stay Safe MN
- National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) – Ski Well, Be Well
- Minnesota Ski Areas Association (MNSAA)
- Professional Ski Instructors of America/American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) – Navigating the 2020-21 Snowsports Season
We truly appreciate your continued support and patience as we continue refining our programs, events, lessons, transportation, and literally every aspect of our winter operations. Together we can limit the spread of COVID-19, keep our communities healthy, and have the best ski and snowboard season ever!!!
Thanks for your great ideas and tough questions, and especially for the great feedback! Here are just a few of the super comments we’ve received. They keep us going!
- “I have been amazed at the administrative acrobatics you all have done. You clearly care very much about your students and staff and getting outdoors in the winter.”
- “Thank you for all the thought you have put into making Blizzard safe this season!”
- “Thank you so much for the detailed informational meetings. We feel your plans are safe and you are very prepared.”
- “The plan…is a great balance of getting kids out to be active and maintaining COVID safety.”
- “We are excited to have this be an option for [our son] because pretty much everything else has been cancelled for him!”
- “You are all doing an incredible job with such a crazy situation. I’m sure it doesn’t feel like a flawless process right now, but it looks pretty smooth from my end!”
- “To all those involved in developing this year’s plan – THANK YOU. The plan…is a great balance of getting kids out to be active and maintaining COVID safety.”
- “We are so excited!!”